Having issues with Photo Locker or Video Locker? Try these solutions below.Note: We are not able to provide support for devices running on custom ROMs.
1. Unable to unlock the app, cannot access media, correct PIN but not accepted
Some possible reasons that the app does not launch even when you enter the PIN:
1.If you have removed or changed your SD card recently, try to insert it back again. The app data is saved in a hidden folder and thus you cannot unlock the app if the folder is not detected in your device. Kindly check that you have the latest version available on the app store as well. It is important that you do not uninstall the app.
If the app still cannot be launched, your device may have been using a custom ROM, had an upgrade in Android version or have been factory reset. Note that if your device do not have any external storage, a factory reset will delete all your data in your device including those media hidden in Photo Locker or Video Locker.
2. If you have moved the app from phone memory to the external SD card, please move it back. The app will not work when moved to the SD card.
3. If you have enabled Stealth Mode and also cleared the app data under Phone Settings->Apps->App Name, the app will not launched. Clearing the data resets the app. Do email us if you done so.
4. If you have deleted a .PL or .VL folder, please restore that folder. Those folders contain the hidden media saved in the app. Once deleted, the app will not launch. We cannot provide any assistance for this as we do not have any access to your data at all.
For other assistance, email us at email@example.com.
2. Changed device and reinstalled app but PIN not accepted
Our Locker apps are offline independent apps and do not sync with any cloud server. All your data are saved either within your device’ storage or the SD card itself. You need to move the data from your old device by copying the entire .PL folder over or unhide your media files in the old device and then rehide them again in the new device.
The recovery email address is not an username to restore data. It is only used to retrieve your PIN in the event that you have forgotten it.
Important note: the same Gmail address must be used to reinstall the app or else your PIN will not be accepted.
3. Uninstalled app but forgot to unhide the photos/videos
When you hide the media, they are saved into a hidden folder in your device via Photo Locker or Video Locker. If you uninstall the app before unhiding the media files, they will still remain hidden. You should be able to retrieve your photos if you have not performed any data clearing from your phone’s settings or via third party apps.
Please reinstall the app first to unhide your data. When the app launches, you will be asked if you wish to recover or do a new installation. Select ‘Recover’ and key in your PIN to access your data again.
Tip: You can tap and hold on the album and choose to unhide the entire album.
4. Video can’t play in Video Locker
Video Locker does not have any video playing capability. It only hides and encrypts the videos. When you choose to play a video in Video Locker, the app will search for existing video playing app in your device and then automatically play it. Make sure you are using the latest version of Video Locker as well.
Sometimes, the video playing app selected may be unable to play the format you mentioned. In this case, you may need to download a separate video playing app such as MX Player first. After it is installed, return to Video Locker, play a video, and choose MX Player.
If you still encounter issues playing the video, kindly email us with the following info.
1. Device model and
2. Android version
3. App version (Check under device’s settings->Manage Apps)
5. Want to change language in Photo Locker or Video Locker
You must first update the app to version 1.1.0 via Google Play Store. To check the version of the app in your device, launch the app and access its settings.
To change to another language, go to settings and tap on ‘Language’ under the Others section.